ParaSport® Ontario Executive Director Job Description
Job Location: Greater Toronto Area
Application Deadline Date: April 1, 2022
Expected Start Date: May 1, 2022
Position Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000 per year
ParaSport® Ontario is seeking a full-time Executive Director (ED) to lead our staff team. ParaSport Ontario’s mission is to provide support to all members of the disability community to find, connect with, and participate in competitive and recreational sport programs and activities of their choice to enhance physical function and quality of life. The ED will be responsible for leadership and guidance of all programs, policies and fund development, program delivery, communications, sponsorship, fundraising and marketing, and management of staff and volunteers. The ED will report to the ParaSport Ontario Board of Directors.
Candidates for this position must have a passion for sport, excellent organizational and communication skills, and a proven history of leadership, collaboration and people management. The candidate must also be available for occasional evening and weekend work.
ParaSport Ontario is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. ParaSport Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the administration, management, and financial operation of the daily business of the organization.
• Arrange and oversee all contracts pertaining to the organization.
• Responsible for translating the Board’s vision and strategic directions into operational activities and goals.
• Responsible for overseeing strategic goals to ensure that the organization works towards accomplishing these goals.
• Manage and hire the staff of the organization, including full-time, part-time, contract staff, students, interns and volunteers.
• Responsible to promote and safeguard the strong reputation of the organization.
• Apply for, and manage, government grants including: Ministry grants, Ontario Trillium Foundation and other Foundation grants, and other grants that become available.
• Seek input and approval of Board of Directors for all projects related to grants.
• Promote and procure general memberships.
• Work with sport sector and community disability organizations to promote and support parasport components in their sport and/or programming.
• Maintain and develop strong partnerships with ParaSport Ontario member organizations and partners including the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport, Variety Village, the Canadian Paralympic Committee, Ontario Parasport Collective, member and partner MSOs and PSOs, and ParaSport Ontario Committees.
• Oversee servicing (information provision and/or referrals) of community requests for parasport opportunities from individuals and organizations.
• Ensure and secure a strong funding base through fundraising events, sponsorship and other funding sources.
• Present budgets for approval from the Board of Directors.
• Preparation and monitoring of Annual Budget.
• Oversee external accounting services.
• Plan, implement and oversee fundraising events.
• Represent ParaSport Ontario at all major events of the organization.
• Promote ParaSport Ontario and its programs at various events/festivals.
• Oversee and approve all communications/promotion programs of the organization including social media, website, magazine.
• Ensure Board reports are submitted as required.
• Prepare agendas for Board meetings.
• Develop sponsorship plans, promotional materials, and facilitate sponsorship/fundraising opportunities.
Employer: ParaSport Ontario
Contact Person: Jeff Tiessen
Email: [email protected]